Leadership Council & Education Committee
Indigenous Education Committee:
Voting members consist of two representatives from the Indigenous Leadership Council that represent each of the five Indigenous communities and/or organizations; three parents of Indigenous ancestry; and six representatives from the Board of Education and its administration. Members must name an alternate.
- Two from the Leadership Council (Semiahmoo First Nation, Katzie First Nation, Metis Nation BC, FRAFCA
- Three parents of Indigenous ancestry, elected from the ad hoc Indigenous Parent Group;
- Board of Education (1 representative);
- Superintendent of Schools, or designate; (1 representative)
- Director of Aboriginal Learning; (Chair)
- Principal, Aboriginal Learning;
- Surrey Principals and Vice Principals Association (1 representative)
- Surrey Teacher’s Association (1 representative)
- Canadian Union of Public Employees (1 representative)
Representatives from the Indigenous Leadership Council that represent each of the five Indigenous communities and/or organizations are invited and welcomed to attend Indigenous Committee meetings.
Indigenous Leadership Council:
Info to be added.